We never get tired of showing women the wonderful results of our Zelo Hair Smoothing Kit, now in Target by the way! So if you recently purchased our kit and you’re wondering how to use it, I have described here the step by step application instructions. If you have questions we have an in-house stylist standing by to help you!
1. Shampoo Hair Twice with Zelo Clarifying Deep Cleanser, Step 1
Shampoo hair twice. Rinse while combing hair with fingers or a wide tooth comb to avoid tangling.
2. Towel Dry
Towel dry the hair, leaving it slightly moist.
Then separate hair into 3-4 parts using hair clips.
3. Spray Zelo Smoothing Solution,
Step 2 to Hair
Wearing gloves, spray the Smoothing Solution, step 2, onto small parts, starting from the back of the head.
Note: Avoid spraying the product directly on the scalp. Spray Smoothing Solution 1/4 inch from the roots using a fine tooth comb to distribute the product evenly from roots to ends. After you have thoroughly applied the Smoothing Solution to the hair, comb the hair until you feel the product is evenly distributed.
4. Processing Time
After completing application allow the Smoothing Solution Step 2 to sit in hair for an additional 40-45 minutes for processing. (45 minutes for coarse and/or rebellious curls)
5. Shampoo Hair
Shampoo hair with Zelo Clarifying Deep Cleanser, Step 1, removing all of step 2 before blow-drying.
6. Blow Dry
Remove gloves and blow dry hair 100%. Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to separate the hair to ensure all layers are dried thoroughly.
7. Seal Hair with Flat Iron
Note: Flat iron must be at a temperature of 400°-450°F, (200°-230°C)
Separate the hair and begin flat ironing approx. 1″-2″ sections until hair feels light. Repeat process until entire hair is straightened.
Enjoy the results!
After Care Tips:
- Always blow dry the hair after each shampoo to maintain the best results.
- We recommend using Zelo Shampoo and Conditioner, both are paraben-free,salt-free and sulfate-free, when shampooing hair.
- We recommend coloring of the hair before treatment.
- Minimize contact with chlorine or salt water to enhance the duration of treatment.