Brr, it sure is starting to get chilly in many parts of the world these days! I have begun to find the joys of static and dry hair are revisiting my lovely locks this season, and that it’s about time to give them some love. There is nothing quite like being able to make your hair gorgeous without breaking the bank, so here are three great hair mask recipes that you can make with ingredients from your kitchen.
Banana & Avocado Hair Mask
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of wheatgerm oil or olive oil
- Mash and mix together all the ingredients, or blend in a blender or food processor until it a thick paste
- Wash hair and towel dry
- Apply the mask depending on your needs. If you have flaky scalp, rub the paste right up to your roots. If you have a more oily hair complexion, consider only applying it to your ends.
- Wrap your head in a shower cap or saran wrap and let sit for 15 minutes
Chocolate Hair Mask (Yummy!)
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons of Hot Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba oil
- 1 Tablespoon Peach oil
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 Vitamin E capsules (pieced)
- 2-3 drops of the following essential oils: geranium, cedarwood, ylang ylang, lemon, and lavender (or just choose one if you don’t have all or any of these on hand
- First mix the hot milk into the cocoa, gradually until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.
- Add all of the oils, Vitamin E capsules, and essential oils and mix together until well combined
- Apply to your hair immediately and wrap your head in a shower cap or saran wrap.
- Let sit for one hour (time for a good movie or a good book, here!)
- Wash off using your normal shampoo and condition as you typically do.
Green Tea Hair Mask
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Brewed Green Tea
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Whisk the egg yolk and sprinkle in the green tea and mustard powder until it reaches a creamy consistency. If it becomes to thick, add more tea.
- Part your hair down the center and apply to your head, focusing on the roots and scalp.
- Cover with a shower cap or wrap in saran wrap
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo/conditioner as you normally would.